RURIDERS - FORUMS

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Prev Предыдущее сообщение   Следующее сообщение Next
Старый 24.06.2009, 13:30
admin_forum admin_forum не присутсвует на форуме
Администратор

admin_forum отключил(а) отображение уровня репутации
Thumbs up Самый крутой 1% клуб по версии Harley Thoughts - продолжаем разговор!

Получив позитивный сигнал от музы, афтор извесного меседжа решил поправиться! Читаем:

The Hells Angels – The Most Intelligent and Influential Outlaw Biker Club in the World

от Harley Thoughts™ автор: Michael

Many people that see a Harley parked somewhere often resurrect one image in their minds: Hells Angels. It’s no secret that the Hells Angels and Harley-Davidson go together like Sinatra’s Love and Marriage.
Further, its no secret that the common and garden civilian has been unduly impacted in a way that causes the best marketing gurus to squirm with envy. In fact, ask any ordinary Joe Smith on the street the first name that pops into his mind when you ask him to think of an outlaw biker club, nine out of ten times he’ll say: The Hells Angels. And even though Harley-Davidson has often gone out of its way to try to market to the ninety-nine percenters, they know full well that over the history of their bike model designs, they have been heavily influenced by the radical, chopped-down, “cool” look of the Hells Angels’ bikes.
So it’s true that the Hells Angels are the most “popular” and influential outlaw biker club in the world. Which begs the question: why?

I believe I know the answer. But before I share that answer, allow me to give some detail and history about the Hells Angels club.
The Hells Angels history is as nebulous and enchanting as their legacy. They are a very intelligent club, and are known in the underground and on the surface for the legacy of their very intelligent leaders. Their strict code of secrecy makes it challenging to determine accurate historical facts about the club on almost every detail, including the determination of the actual founder of the club. To add further confusion and as validation of their intelligence, some of the members have incorporated a practice of “deliberate mythologizing.”
But there are a few details that we do know. We know they were founded in the late 1940s or early 1950s in California. The common belief is that they were originally formed in 1948 in Fontana, California, as a result of the amalgamation of different motorcycle clubs – some rumored to be the Boozefighters and The Pissed Off Bastards of Bloomington. The Pissed Off Bastards and the Booze Fighters are two groups that are often credited for establishing early the notoriety of the outlaw biker image. In fact, the moment in history that really solidified the notoriety of the outlaw biker image occurred in Hollister, California in 1947. The event was a gathering of the American Motorcycle Association convention. Suddenly, and like Johnny Cash’s Ghostriders in the Sky, the Pissed Off Bastards rode in drunk, wild and full of piss and vinegar. The local sheriff later callled the scene as “just one hell of a mess.”

Concerned about the public relations’ damage, the AMA went on to denounce denounce those rebel rousers, and further adding legend to lore by stating: “it is unfortunate that 1 percent of motorcyclists should ruin it for the law-abiding 99 percent.”
To this day, the 1 percenter label remains a patch of honor, worn with pride by those who wish to distinguish themselves as not part of that nerdy and boring group of bikers who go on family wholesome Honda Goldwing garbage wagon rides to the family picnics and yuppie CEO accounting firm dinners.
And so spawned the Hells Angels.

The Hells Angels moniker is commonly and probably mistakenly believed to have been inspired by the name given to squadrons fighting in World War I and World War II. Another possible source of inspiration was the 1930 Howard Hughes aviation film Hell’s Angels, which was truly spectacular and impactful for its time. It should also be stated, however, that some club members have attempted to dispel the belief that there is any connection between them and the military Hells Angels. In fact, it’s noted in the club’s official website that the name was originally suggested to the founders of the club by a friend named Arvid “Oley” Olsen, who was a member of the Flying Tigers.

However I believe the most reliable source for accurate history about the Hells Angels is Sonny Barger, one of the brightest and best leaders the club ever had. Sonny Barger founded the Oakland chapter. According to Sonny, the first chapter of the club was formed in Gardena, Fontana. Also according to Sonny, In the early days, other places formed chapters independently of one another, with some members unaware that there were other Hells Angels clubs.
So here we are in the present. And looking back, the Hells Angels have really grown. They are literally all over the world. And to me, they remain the most intelligent and influential outlaw biker club out there. (To get a good feel of the intelligence of Hells Angels leadership, read Sonny Barger’s book: Hell’s Angel).
Which brings me to answering the question: why in heavens name are the Hell’s Angels the most influential outlaw biker club on the planet?
The answer? Simple. Sonny Barger himself!

Sonny was naturally gifted as a leader. He naturally understood people behavior. He naturally understood how to motivate and lead people. He understood how to market in a very smart way. He starred in movies with Jack Nicholson. He created, developed, implemented, and enforced club codes and bylaws. He’s as charismatic and colorful as any major leader in politics or in business. And he wasn’t alone. The club simply grew through talented leaders like Sonny Barger. And it grew in a way that had extraordinary influence on the rest of the club, and thus the rest of society.
I have a lot of respect for Sonny and the rest of the Hells Angels. Much has been inaccurately written or attributed to this club. It is not the Hells Angels’ fault that newspapers, TV, and other media latch on to them with shaky evidence of criminal activity and attribute rapes and violence to innocent victims. Have HA members committed crimes? Yes. Have some members terrorized some innocent civilians? Yes, at times. But most of the time, the club simply gathers, rides, parties, and as Sonny puts it: “just simply enjoys hanging out with bikers and bikes.” The Hells Angels are too smart to be the big criminals that the public and media would like you to think.
It will be interesting to see how this club responds to the recent rise in legislation about outlaw clubs displaying their patches. I touched on this in my article on The Mongols outlaw club. But based on their history, and their intelligence, the Hells Angels will survive any legislation that the government, politicians, or society try to slap on them.
From leading the funeral procession of David Carradine’s funeral to battling with rival clubs, they remain the true embodiment of the one percenters.

Закладки

Метки
самый крутой 1% клуб по версии harley thoughts

Опции темы
Опции просмотра